Saturday, March 14, 2009

Religulous

Let's talk about Bill Maher's incredibly self serving ego centric comedy 'documentary', Religulous.

I loved it. Laughed all the way through it. Very funny film. I highly recommend it to everyone. Not really a documentary, which even Maher himself admits to. It's more like a stand-up routine that hits the road and tries to interview those it is poking fun at. He even gets interviews with two Jesuses. I also enjoyed two other interviews that reminded me if one feels they must be Christian and have a church, Catholic is the way to go.*

Considering the subject matter, Maher made a good decision in bringing the camera crew. I kept waiting for his smug ass way of stating the obvious to get him punched. Fists are often used to counter facts.

Two evolved opposable thumbs up.



*I'm still an atheist. At least right now. I've also been a Witch, Discordian, and contemplated Satanism so far today. Yesterday I made my wife stop talking while we were listening to the Gospel according to Gibby Hanes as presented at the beginning of Jesus Built My Hotrod.

No comments: