Thursday, June 7, 2007

Paris Hilton Released from Bondage

Paris Hilton is being released from prison and I for one am shocked! Who would have thought that locking up a flamboyant heiress could send shock waves through the legal system?
Civil rights leader Rev Al Sharpton condemned the release as showing the 'double standards' of the US legal system.

'This early release gives all of the appearances of economic and racial favouritism that is constantly cited by poor people and people of colour,' he said. 'There are any number of cases of people who handle being incarcerated badly and even have health conditions that are not released.'
Damn straight, Al! Instead of fighting for all non-violent offenders to be treated with a little dignity and respect and maybe even some favoritism regardless of race, sex, or economic status, make damn certain rich white girls are treated just as poorly. That will certainly improve prison conditions for all.

Then again, I think most guys have harbored fantasies of locking up Paris Hilton. Her release is a big let down in the collective unconscious of males everywhere.

AWPC Addendum:
MD: I mean that's just fucked up. You can't tell me that that wasn't preferential treatment. The judge is gonna send her ass back to prison.

Jake: Actually I'm okay with her being under house arrest. I think all non-violent offenders should be let out of prison and put under house arrest. Preferably at Paris Hilton's house.
And another update.
“There are hundreds and perhaps thousands of inmates in Los Angeles County jails who have much more serious illnesses like AIDs, heart problems and they have never been released to go home.” On the television show The View, Elisabeth Hasselbeck sounded off on the early release, calling Ms. Hilton’s transfer "disgusting." She said it sends a message that "if you’re rich and you’re hot" then "we’ll let you off the hook."
Seriously, if I were rich and incarcerated, I'd want preferential treatment as well. I'd appreciate it if I were poor and incarcerated. And while I am quite happy being poor and not incarcerated, I'd really appreciate being rich and not incarcerated. Does that cover all the combinations? Yeah.

Free Paris! And a whole bunch of other people!

Why am I reading this shit?

5 comments:

X said...

I've tried, but the only fantasy I can come up involving Paris Hilton is her execution at the hands of thousands of her hotel workers.

Unknown said...

I did say most.

List with Laszlo said...

Coming from someone who works in the system.. I was glad to see the judge send her back. If everyone who whined got out there would be no one in jail. So the guy who beats his wife...oh I'm sorry Sheriff, this whole jail thing makes me suffer from anxiety. I'm going home...ha. Good god, she's a spoiled child used to buying her way out of everything.I'm glad to see there's a judge who won't be bought. She's only doing what 45 days! For DWI, cocaine possesion then driving on a suspended license? I'd like to see anyone else get off so easy. It's not that I feel "jail" is the answer to all of our problems. The problem is the perception, and often fact, that if you have money and a name the same laws that apply to everyone else don't apply to them. Justice should be blind. If she gets to go home because jail is uncomfortable for her then there are millions of other citizens just as deserving.

Unknown said...

Yes, millions just as deserving. Like the guys at work who have gotten house arrest and work furloughs for driving while suspended. Then again the one was only caught with meth and it was only his eighth offense.

Preferential treatment for ALL criminals!

List with Laszlo said...

Trust me, I could point out more flaws then anyone with the system! I do think for most offenses, unles violent, jail should be the last resort. However if like Paris the Judge only suspends your licence and gives you probation which includes only minimal stuff like attending a class and contacting your P.O. occasionally and you blow it off and get caught driving yer gonna get tagged. Anyone would.