Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Bloody Irritating Assholes

Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by today. I had asked them nicely last time.
JW: Hi, we were in the neighborhood talking to people about the Bible today...

Jake: It's fiction.

JW: Well, I can respect that...

Jake: Have you two read the Bible? I mean actually read it cover to cover.

JW: Well, I'd say we've studied it quite a bit.

Jake: I grew up in a Christian community surrounded by people who said they'd read it cover to cover. So I read it. And that's why I say it's fiction. Let me ask you something. If you've got mildew in your house, what do you do?

JW: You... would... clean it I guess.

Jake: It's in your Bible.

JW: I can't say...

Jake: Leviticus

JW's look at each other and shrug

Jake: You call the priest. He examines the spot and everybody has to leave the house for a week. If it's still there, you tear out the mildew section and rebuild it with clean materials. If after that you've still got mildew, you destroy the house. THAT'S the Word of God. And that is all I have for you today.
I shut the door.

No comments: