Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Airport Security

If I were a pedophile (or just sexual predator in general), I'd apply for a job at the TSA. Getting paid money for groping folks all day long, that'd be sweet. For a sick fucking perv.

If I were a terrorist, I'd be thrilled with the long lines at the Airports. It used to be that to use a bomb to kill hundreds of Americans and disrupt transportation, you had to smuggle the bomb through airport security. Now that the TSA and DHS's "safety" procedures have lengthened the time you spend in lines at the airport, and conveniently packed more Americans per square foot into the kill zone, you could just detonate a bomb inside the airport itself. Psychopaths and religious extremists alike must be very encouraged at the potential to blow up people in lines outside the security checkpoint.

But alas, I am neither a terrorist nor a molester, so instead of being happy I find myself angry and critical of our government.

I'm a cancer survivor, so it wouldn't be particularly smart or safe for me to go through backscatter x-ray scanners if I can reasonably avoid doing so.

I'm also a sexual abuse survivor, so I probably wouldn't want to opt-out of the scans and have to get an invasive pat-down of my genitals (to make sure I hadn't wired my penis to explode).

I guess I'll just have to opt out of flying all together.  Wow.  Thanks, TSA and DHS, I feel safer already!