Friday, November 6, 2009

Love me I'm a Liberal

After my son was born one of my colleagues asked me if being a parent made me more conservative. I told him just the opposite, becoming a parent has really tempered my political opinions. I'm still an anarchist to be sure, but I'm less of an individualist. I'm becoming more connected to the community and aware of the value of collective institutions such as libraries, community centers and schools. Not that I wasn't before. Afterall, building and remodeling such buildings has been much of the focus of my career, but as a patron I'm much more personally connected to them.

That said, don't expect me to plaster my bumper with Obama '12 stickers just yet. I still think that the federal government is far to distant from real people to really help. I'm just glad to be living in a town with a rising sense of community... Hopefully we'll become an inland enclave of Nuevo Sodom.



Oh, one more thing, I had surgery two days ago and I'm pretty fucking stoned on codeine and muscle relaxers.

1 comment:

Jo said...

And yet the bastard isn't sharing his drugs with me. Fucker. I denounce your sense of community, hypocrite!