Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blasphemy Day Debate

While atheists purportedly argue over the appropriateness of bashing the religious, somewhere down in the comments someone makes a grand statement bashing the religious.
Blasphemy Day: A Bitter Rift Divides Atheists | Disinformation

Ahh! Conspiracy Theory, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.... the Luciferian Conspiracy must be responsible, because it couldn't possibly be that Christians are Intolerant! I mean, Yeshua bin Yosef (aka 'Jeezus') said to love thine enemy (making no exclusion for the Enemy, aka the Adversary, aka Lucifer), and to turn the other cheek ... so anyone who claims to be a Christian and doesn't do these things must be a hypocrite, and not a real Christian ... RIGHT?

So come on, say you love Satan, or you're not a real Christian!
Score another point for that lovable little Lucifer.

1 comment:

rbbergstrom said...

I don't know about that.

I think one could make a pretty compelling argument that Jesus's "turn the other cheek" stuff was about your "fellow man", and that Lucifer doesn't count. In some accounts he cast out demons himself, y'know.

I mean, when he said "treat others as you'd have them treat you", it's not like he was saying you should create the heavens and the earth, 'cause that's what God did for you.

So it seems there's some sort of supernatural exclusion principle, and/or his teachings were in relation to humanity, not the universe writ large. Just sayin'.

That said, I'll bite. I love you, Lucifer.