Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dream Comedy

Dream takes place in a college dorm room. I am about to lock up when the dean tries to burst into my room.

Dean: Open up! We've got to find him!

Jake: Listen. I know my rights. Come back when you've got a warrant.


I close the door and am about to lock it again when a portly detective accompanied by a police officer in a flak vest push the door open.

Detective: Here's your warrant.

The detective pushes past me into the room and starts rifling through my things.

Detective: Okay, where's your stash. Every college student's got a stash.

Jake: Um, aren't you supposed to be looking for a missing person?


The detective pauses and looks at me, then resumes search without rifling through my things.

Detective: Right. Sorry. Force of habit.

No comments: