Saturday, April 4, 2009

NASA Infiltrated by Hipsters?

I think I'm going to be sick.
First Look at the Spacecraft That Will Take Humans to Mars - Orion spaceship

If this saucer shape looks familiar, that's not because this vehicle is based on something hidden in Area 51. Orion is based on the design of the Apollo spaceships that took humans to the Moon back in the 1960s. But Orion can carry 6 astronauts, twice as many as Apollo could.
I really wanted this to be an April Fool's prank. After spending the last five years near Portland's hipper neighborhoods, I'm so fucking sick of retro.

3 comments:

X said...

I betcha they used vacuum tubes for that pseudo-authentic analog feel.

X said...

Also, of course they'd say it wasn't based on something from Area 51.

Brad said...

Professor Sprinkles LOVES vacuum tubes!!

Professor Sprinkles Rocket Emporium

Just saying.