Friday, January 9, 2009

Coming to an end... (Maybe)

National "Threaten To Stop Posting" Week is nearly over (unless it turns out to be a national month or international year... *shudder*). For those who don't visit the same online sites I do (and thus may be unaware of what's going on) this has been the week where people all over the darned place post various things saying they're considering quitting the blog / forum / podcast / wiki / online gaming community / etc that they have been posting to. I don't know what's up with it - just something in the air, I guess.

I thought I'd take a moment to share the following with you - it's a well-intentioned eyesore, that serves to illustrate the bizarre lengths to which this meme will go in propagating itself. Click on the "Play Game" button, and gawk with me a while...



















(And 'cause I know this post will be noticed by some random person who will misinterpret my point: I ain't complaining about Alpacadoor, his behavior is nothing I haven't seen online before. Instead, I'm complaining about this crazy meme that's recently infected nearly every site I visit. Nor do I really mean to insult the people who made the "please don't go" game/thing above - as clearly their hearts where in the right place. It's just this crazy meme - and you're giving it what it wanted! Then again, so am I. When it rains, it snows.)

No comments: