Thursday, December 4, 2008

AWPC: They All Look the Same

Conversation AND rant. What could be finer?
Me: (Asian Gal) thought that I was your boyfriend.

Her: Really?

Me: Yeah. It happens all the time. People confuse (your boyfriend) and me.

Her: You know, (a different gal) asked if you two were brothers.

Me: Just because we both have mohawks and piercings?

Her: It's not like you come out looking like that.

Me: Well, you know those Asians. They think all us honkys look the same.
Totally not true, of course. They just think all the guys with mohawks and piercings look the same.

To confuse matters further, both of us are on maintenance as well. My friend finally figured out how to differentiate her boyfriend from me when telling people which pierced mohican is 'hers'. He's the one with the tattoos on the forearms.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if people weren't trying to tell me that the kid looks a lot like me. Heh! Not the father. I'm not saying that as a defensive sort of "she says its mine but its not" type thing. By the time that kid was conceived I had doctor certification of sterility. No messing about with "he said, she said" and no need to waste money on DNA tests. Not the father! Impossible.

It's that other guy with the mohawk and the piercings and the tattoos and the glasses that works on maintenance. And we're not brothers. Just like two gals who go out and get perms are not sisters. They may be fashion outcasts just as me and the other guy are fashion outcasts, but there is still a huge difference and NONE of us are related.

It's amazing how fucking stupid people really are.

No comments: