Thursday, July 24, 2008

US veteran Astronaut admits knowledge of 6-decade long cover-up of actual alien contact

What a day for disclosure:

They ain't talking about Michael Jackson.

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

...

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

...

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished ... radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'
Wow. Tell your friends and loved ones.

Thank you, Edgar Mitchell, for once again being an American Hero.

4 comments:

Jeremy Rice said...

I would reply to this, but I'm currently in the hospital. I was recently attacked by a homeless man in a wookie costume... aparantly, he was very hungry and mis-took me for a cheeseburger.


: )

Okay, I have to admit: the skeptic in me says "there are too many other logical explanations to believe this". Namely, the guy could be loony in his age, playing a joke, or he could have been faked (it was a phone interview).

That said, this is certainly the most compelling evidence I've heard, and I am now willing to entertain the idea that it's true.

Of course, it helps that I want to believe. ;) ...But I do need some really concrete evidence to throw this particular towel in.

I have at least three questions that must be answered before I'll entertain:

1) How the fuck did the idiots up above keep this so quiet?

2) What the fuck is the problem with SETI, that they haven't found anything?!?

3) How the fuck did they get here?!?!!11/??/

...I can believe the answer to (1) and (2) is essentially the same: "*They* told us how to cover things up." Number three is the clincher. ;)

Still, cool find. Thanks for sharing. I see it's made Slashdot, even.

And, interestingly, I just got home from a dinner with co-workers, and the topic of conversation was... you guessed it, extra-terrestrial life.


...I want to believe. I really, really do.

Jeremy Rice said...

Eeesh... My first few attempts to believe haven't been so good.

It turns out that Edgar Mitchell is big into the psychic community. That doesn't bode well, in my book... ad-hominem as that might be. (Though, of course, character of the witness is exactly what I'm questioning here, since we have only his word to go on at the moment.)

Unfortunately, that's a disappointing strike against his claim, in my book.

Hopefully, though, this is just an explanation for why he slipped and let the secret out, and not evidence that he's just let something he wants to be true to manifest itself as "truth" in his mind.

Well, we'll see. Hopefully this gets some media, so we can help flush out any evidence, in either direction.

Jeremy Rice said...

Clearly this has piqued my interest. ; )

Just to add to the "character of the witness" bit, I will say that I appreciated his comments on God...

"Well, we have to ask a question of how did we get here? What's this universe all about? What's our relationship to it? And humans have been asking that question forever. We still don't have a final answer to what is this nature of the universe we live in and how did it come to be. And part of that involves the question of a deity. I think the answer is still to be found."

He seems like a relatively well-spoken guy (the "dyadic universe" bit was hard to follow, though), and seems to have some semblance of wits about him. ...Seems to be a bright guy who's fallen in with a misguided crowd (in my humble).

So I'll hold out hope, since this counters the "he's completely nutters" argument.

I'm back to the wait-and-see stance.

And I'm done writing comments to myself, too.

Unknown said...

Since you're done, I'll chime in.

I too found myself scrounging for information surrounding this announcement. If he was a senile old whack job, there would be loads of evidence pouring out all over the web right now. I've seen it happen far too often. The lack of evidence discrediting Dr. Mitchell is practically an endorsement. I can't find one shred where a person has anything negative to say personally about the Apollo 14 astronaut.

And it is causing a stir. It feels like a roll to a boil.