Thursday, December 13, 2007

Zombie Sounds

I have a small "growl-over" part in Necroville. Billy, a friend-of-a-friend-of-mine, had a large hand in both Black and Necroville. (He acted in both, and co-wrote/co-directed Necroville).

At the wrap-party for Black, Billy asked if we'd help him with some foley and zombie-snarl ADR. About 20 of us went outside to growl, moan, shuffle, paw at windows, shake cars, and drag our feet across the uneven parking lot surface for the microphones. It was fun. Billy said we'd be in the credits, but since it debuted in Santa Fe after we moved, I haven't seen my name on the big screen yet. (I'll definitely fly back to NM for the debut of Black, since I actually have a good amount of screen time in it.)

We did those group sounds plus individual moans and snarls too. He recorded a ton of my various growls and moans - my throat was really sore the next day. If there's a zombie that sounds like he's got a finger stuck in his larynx, that's probably my pain you're hearing.

No comments: