Thursday, December 20, 2007

Trend Setting

I was the first in the maintenance department at work to start carting a roll-away tool chest around the shop. Everyone else had bench top boxes that they would always have to run back to when they needed a specific tool not carried in their normal small box arsenal.

That is changing. Shortly after I got my roll-away, one other maintenance guy ordered up a cart. This week two of the maintenance guys have ordered up the same style roll-away as mine. Which is great, except for the aspect of individuality and quick recognizability.

To rectify this, I am asking people to give me gifts! Cheap gifts. I want stickers. If this thing were at home I'd paint it and customize it myself. Since it is at work I am not going to go in early to customize it and I'm always too busy to do it on company time. It's not that I don't want to rip off the company, I just don't want to leave my maintenance partners picking up the slack while I paint my toolbox. So send me stickers! Big ones. And if anybody sees an ABBA sticker, I especially want that to stick next to the 'WATERLOO' brand name.

No comments: